Sunday, July 13, 2008


Politics....

The next few months are so chocked full of political "overload"....and yet I keep finding myself searching for just the right thing to help me make a decision how to vote!

I've always taken my responsibility to vote very seriously....have not always been pleased with the outcomes, but HAVE learned to see God's hand at times in the way things have turned out.

For instance, there truly was no rational or logical way that George W. won the last election...I marveled at how it seemed that God had a hand in that.....even though the past 4 years have been filled with disappointment and despair over Iraq and the economy, I'm still free and living quite comfortably.

(My dear husband likes to point out that even when the Republicans are in the White House - the Democrats are "running the country" from congress, so how can they blame Bush?...he doesn't mince words).

Anyhoo....am searching for answers right now....As a conservative, the "logical" answer is to vote Republican.....but I'm really, really not convinced McCain is right for the job...although I admire his background, his experience and his loyalty to his country. Something just isn't right....

Obama...well, there's a really big problem with his pro-choice stand and his 20 year relationship with a certifiably outrageous minister (Rev. Wright). His charisma bothers me - it's hard to see beyond that and trust that he's just not a big "show".

However, on a very, very interesting note, a friend of ours is actually on the Theological Advisory team for Mr. Obama. He is a Christian theologian. At first I was not sure how I felt about that.....but another good friend of mine pointed out that amazing opportunity we, as Christians have right now, with an advisor such as this so close to Mr. Obama (who many say WILL win the presidency)....all I can do right now is pray that the Lord use this advisor to work in the life of our politicians, and perhaps our future president.

If we don't believe in the power God to guide and protect our nation - then we are all of "little faith".

So, I'm praying for guidance....and opportunity....for peace.

..."In such a time as this"......

No comments: